Nicholas-

Good points. However, we are looking for a service that simply accepts
any mail that we aren't around to grab, and which then forwards to us
when we are alive again (i.e., a store-and-forward service). As far as
running two mail servers on our own (on a single VMWare server for
example), that really reduces the value of having the backup MX in the
first place. If we lose our VMWare server, router, or T1, what then?

---
Puryear Information Technology, LLC
Baton Rouge, LA * 225-706-8414
http://www.puryear-it.com

Author:
  "Best Practices for Managing Linux and UNIX Servers"
  "Spam Fighting and Email Security in the 21st Century"

Download your free copies:
  http://www.puryear-it.com/publications.htm