Yeah, go for it. I didn't bother when I had FC6 running on my main
machine, because I couldn't get fglrx to work. Turns out, fglrx
doesn't work with my card, but the radeon driver works great with
Beryl.

When it's as easy as 'aptitude install beryl emerald-themes', then
'beryl-manager', you just gotta do it.