How are you sending the email?  If you run a mail server (sendmail, qmail etc)
then you may find that you need to retry undeliverable message by routing them
through you ISPs mail system.  This seems to be because some mail servers check
incoming mail against IP range black lists and will automatically reject mail
from Cox or BellSouth that originates from within the network and not from the
ISP mail server.  Again, if you run your own server check that your IP is not
blacklisted anywhere.

We run our own mail server on a Cox IP range and found that retrying via the
Cox mail forwarder seems to solve most of these cases - also, if you set up
your own DNS records then make sure that they are squeaky clean.

On a slightly related topic - I've just managed to drop our incoming spam
volume by about 30% by adding two non-functional MX records with low priorities
to our DNS records.  This has drastically reduced the amount of junk that was
being delivered directly to the secondary mail server.

Regards
Edmund Cramp
--
 "Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!
 Forty years of darkness, earthquakes, volcanoes! The dead rising from the