On Wednesday 11 July 2007 14:32:20 John D. Tiedeman wrote:
> I have been trying to get a kubuntu 7.04 box working wirelessly with a
> Westell 327W gateway (which I bought only because it was the only way to
> get BellSouth here to find the problem on the pole outside). The other
> computer works wired to this modem/router. The box across the hall works
> wired to an ActionTec GT704-WG but we can only have one connected at a
> time on the single DSL.
>
> Now that I have a working driver, I can get Kwifimanager to show a scan
> with 1 to 4 networks visible. The Westell is always listed first though
> the signal strength isn't as strong (40) as some of the others, though
> the dintance is only about 28'. But the five bars are always clear and
> "Out of range" always appears. Sometimes the speed bar will be green to
> 5.5, other times clear. But if I go to the user's login I don't get
> anything. Network under System Settings shows both ethernet and wireless
> actkvated.

I had this same problem for a while, and finally got so frustrated that I
bought a new card.  The issue for me was using ndiswrapper vs something that
is natively supported.  The new card is supported by madwifi, and I haven't
had a single problem.

If you are using a natively supported card already, then I have no clue.  Good
luck.

--
Thanks,
Fernando Vilas