On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 10:00 AM, michael dolan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've got a small local business, and twice a month we send out an email to
> our customers announcing sales, specials, etc.  Just to be clear, this is in
> no way spam.  It is 100% opt-in, and I make it really easy for people to be
> removed.

Even with it being opt-in and having easy removal, you probably want
to think about where you send from.  I can't remember where I saw this
lately, but folks that send opt-in messages are getting nailed by
google/yahoo/etc. from people clicking the "this is spam" buttons when
they decide they don't want to receive their opted-in email anymore.
This can result in the domain or MX being blacklisted.

I'll have to think about it for a while and see if I can remember
where the thread or reference is.  So, you may want to set up a
specific domain for your newsletter just in case.