I've been using Vista for over a month.  Much to the dismay of my friends
and co-workers, I really like it.  UAC is off - I couldn't bear to have it
on.  I have no driver problems.  I have no trouble running any program I
need.  There are a lot of improvements over XP, but sometimes it takes a
while to find the same functionality that XP provides.  I believe most of
the kinks have been worked out and I feel that most of the current hate of
Vista is mental rather than actual.  To all those who still hate, I
recommend trying it for a few weeks.
Ryan