From: general-boun...@brlug.net [mailto:general-boun...@brlug.net] On
Behalf Of Brad Bendily
Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2009 3:01 PM
To: general@brlug.net
Subject: Re: [brlug-general] Moving the /usr files

I was talking about the fourth field, "fs_mntops". You currently have
"defaults" listed, but there are other options.
"defaults" should be ok, but possibly need to change it. My suse boxes
have "acl,user_xattr".

Did you say which distro this is? Are you sure mount point is correct?
You did say, you're using Fedora. I happen to have  Fedora on my laptop,
the mount points in my default fstab are for volume groups:
like this:

UUID=aafdafasfxxxsdfsdf /boot ext3 defaults 1 2
/dev/mapper/vg_lela-lv_root / ext4 defaults 1 2
/dev/mapper/vg_lela-lv_swap swap defaults 0 0

So, maybe your mount point is not right?
Can we see your existing fstab?
and the output of
fdisk -l

bb

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 1:35 PM, Jarred White<jwh...@pncpa.com> wrote:
> Good question. It's 755 and root:root. /usrbak has the same, and the
perms
> weren't modified prior to me mv'ing it.
>

> Brad - good question... in the examples I found through searching,
most people
> seemed to indicate that the defaults would be fine. The final two
columns
> deal with backup and fsck options. My understanding is that most hard
drives
> or mount points with real data should have a 1 in the first column
(since
> they should be backed up) and that the second column simply deals with
the
> order it should be fsck'ed in. I have tried it with: 1 2, 1 1 and 1 3
with
> no evident change in error messages or success :\

Pursuant to IRS Circular 230 and IRS regulations we inform you that any federal
tax advice
contained in this communication is not intended or written to be used, and
cannot be used,
for the purpose of avoiding penalties imposed under the Internal Revenue Code.

Postlethwaite & Netterville Implements New Email Encryption Software to Further
Protect Confidential Data

Confidentiality is a hallmark of the accounting profession and it is of the
utmost importance to our client
relationships.  At P&,, we are committed to keeping your data confidential
which is why we are implementing
new email encryption software.  This software inspects all outbound emails from
our firm.  Emails that
contain attachments will require you to enter a password to download the file.
This ensures that your
confidential data cannot be read by anyone other than the intended recipient.

Emails with attachments will include a link to a secure web server.  Click on
the link to download the attachment.
The first time you receive a secure email from the firm you will be required to
setup a password.  This will
be your password to access future attachments.  For our clients and others,
there will be a small step to
download the encrypted files; however, we believe the added confidentiality
benefits far outweigh the few
seconds that are required to access the attachment.

If you have questions regarding this new process or if you forget your
password, please contact Jessica Aymond,
P&  Network Administrator, at 225.922.4600.