I used it about two years ago as an iSCSI initiator. It worked pretty well
for a while, but we needed something a little more solid, supportable, and
scalable, so we eventually ended up getting a full-blown SAN.

The main problems I had were due to the rPath-based Linux distro that it ran
on (this may have changed by now) and some of the updates to the OS caused
problems with the iSCSI stack. After this happened a few times, I scrambled
for something that's got less of a moving target for a foundation.