It's been a long time since I looked at it but I seem to remember that I couldn't pull group membership from AD; only username and password.

You are saying at this point I should be able to have a www group within my AD, then when logging into my web server I can have the AD- group members modify files owned by www on the web server?

On Jan 26, 2010, at 12:27 PM, Dustin Puryear wrote:

You should have been able to assign all group perms via AD after you
LikeWise. We are a Centrify vendor, and Centrify works in a similar way
to LikeWise (although Centrify doesn't require AD schema updates).

Do you mean group membership when you say "assign permissions"? Or are
you talking about actual file-level permissions? (Which you would set
and manage via groups anyway.)

---
Puryear IT, LLC - Baton Rouge, LA - http://www.puryear-it.com/
Active Directory Integration : Web & Enterprise Single Sign-On
Identity and Access Management : Linux/UNIX technologies

Download our free ebook "Best Practices for Linux and UNIX Servers"
http://www.puryear-it.com/pubs/linux-unix-best-practices/

-----Original Message-----
From: general-boun...@brlug.net [mailto:general-boun...@brlug.net] On
Behalf Of Keith Stokes
Sent: Monday, January 25, 2010 6:53 PM
To: general@brlug.net
Subject: Re: [brlug-general] Seen this? Run this?

I played with the free/simple version awhile back and it worked just
fine.  I still had to assign permissions within Linux but for basic
authentication and password sync it works fine.

Brad Bendily wrote:
Ran across this a few days ago, anyone ever used it?

http://www.likewise.com/community/index.php/download/

"Likewise Open integrates Linux, UNIX, and Mac computers in Microsoft
Active Directory."

Apparently it's not the same as just using a PAM.

--

Keith Stokes

Keith Stokes