From: general-boun...@brlug.net [mailto:general-boun...@brlug.net] On
Behalf Of Warren "Tray" Torrance
Sent: Thursday, February 04, 2010 1:19 PM
To: general@brlug.net
Subject: Re: [brlug-general] Time for a new website?

I'd agree, a CMS wouldn't be a bad idea.

Pros:
User/Role Management
Separation of Content/Style

Cons:
Less customizations at our disposal, and custom cgi scripts typically
don't play well with CMS posts/pages/etc.

Would be a few off the top of my head.

Also, I made some noise a while back about starting meetings - I'm still
up for it, just caught a busy few weeks lately. I should have some time
this weekend, and would be willing to see what we can do, and what
resources/members are available and willing to participate, if we do
start the meetings.

Thanks,

Warren "Tray" Torrance

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 12:52, Dustin Puryear <dpury...@puryear-it.com>