Once you've acquired a domain name what are the options for web and email hosting? Free options?

On 5/2/2011 5:49 PM, Tim Fournet wrote:
If it's for your own marketing purposes, why not just come up with
your own domain name that's as short as you can think of?
for a few bucks a year you can register pretty much anything as long
as someone else hasn't taken it
3-letter domains are pretty much impossible to get, but pnmr.info is
available, for example.

On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 5:25 PM, Dustin Puryear<dpury...@puryear-it.com>  wrote:
Nothing.

-----Original Message-----
From: general-boun...@brlug.net [mailto:general-boun...@brlug.net] On Behalf Of
Brad Bendily
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2011 12:21 PM
To: general@brlug.net
Subject: Re: [brlug-general] (no subject)

What stops people from making short urls to point to some malicious website?
This thought alone makes me not want to click on any short url.

On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 12:16 PM, Tim Fournet<tfour...@tfour.net>  wrote:
oops, http://shadyurl.com

On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 12:16 PM, Tim Fournet<tfour...@tfour.net>  wrote:
I like http://shardyurl.com

On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 11:27 AM,<heartofamerica1982-...@yahoo.com>  wrote:
what's up with the short URL's?

I want to put one on my business card so its small, quick and easy for getting
my vCard into smart phones.

Honestly, I almost trust the short URL's linking to my page better than some QR
code vCard service's. Of course,  I probably won't put my email in my vCard if
its crawl-able on my page.

Of course short URL services like QR services must make money too. I figured
google's would be best since its obvious they track things, but they make them
public.

According to Wikipedia, Panara bread doesn't let you get to them (tinyurl) from
there wifi.

Many social network and other sites block them (but I just want it on my card).

Libia already shut down one ly service. How's Bit.ly still working?

So Far, I found tinyurl.com, bit.ly, and goo.gl thoughts?

Yea, I want it for .vCard Services, but also just as a link to my web page
(and/or places page) I figure, I could use one, and let the user pick what they
want to do. get my vCard, review, my business, and ....

Heck, thoughts on a good secure way to make a page with all three?

--

Patrick M. BLA/LMT -- Rigger

Communications&  Media Consult -- Massage Therapist

PnM Resources -- Follow me #: 800-901-1089

Have Mercy&  Say Yeah