Does Kali have an rc.local?  In cases like this I tend to quickly dismiss the
new style Linux init systems and just do what has worked in unix for 40 years.
Stick it in rc.local, nohup, full path, redirect output, and run in background.

nohup /path/to/script.sh > /var/log/script.log 2>&1 &

Maybe not what you want though...  :)

Sent from my iPhone