Dustin,

Check out CACRC (Capital Area Corporate Recycling Council, or
something like that), located downtown on Main Street by the rail
tracks / Old Goudchaux's (now FEMA) / St Joseph's Cemetary. Ask to
tour the various adjoining warehouse rooms. It's a *massive*
non-profit computer repurposing and recycling operation, and I've seen
complete racks with old servers on them. They securely erase hard
drives and separate the servers into parts and/or sell them whole on
e-bay to cover operational costs, but the barebone racks involve too
much trouble and shipping costs, thus there's not much of a market
(and I suspect they end up getting tossed as scrap metal). Some are
beat up a bit, but others are in pristine condition.

I like CACRC. Some of the employees are Linux fans.

Alex