Normally they go after bigger fish running 10000s of accounts. We are using
a predictive spawn point algorithm that is compressed within a few minutes
to get keep requests to only valid data. It is also masked behind a number
of reverse ssh tunnels to spread the load and keep the requests per ip
down. Biggest thing to worry about on the site is account bans and ip bans
for those workers.

On Oct 3, 2016 8:57 PM, "Edmond M" <spmedia...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Awesome site! Any worry about legal woes from Niantic?
>
> On Oct 3, 2016 2:49 PM, "Randy Hance" <rha...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Currently I use linux to run the workers and api that runs the site
>> https://pogobr.co . I normally run windows but this one required minimal
>> footprint because of traffic and resources. I do webhosting also on linux
>> and osx machines. Also currently job hunting so I figured it was a good
>> idea to network a bit =)
>>
>> On Sun, Oct 2, 2016 at 9:29 AM, Dustin Puryear <dpury...@puryear-it.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Tell us a little about yourself and how you use Linux, BSD, PHP, or
>>> whatever it is that drew you to BRLUG.
>>>
>>> Dustin Puryear
>>> CEO & Vision Builder
>>> *Direct: 225-304-6402* <Direct:%20225-304-6402>
>>> Tel:  *225-706-8414* <225-706-8414>
>>> Fax:  *800-613-5731* <800-613-5731>
>>> Web:  *puryear-it.com* <http://puryear-it.com>
>>> [image: Puryear IT, LLC] <http://puryear-it.com>
>>> Puryear IT, LLC
>>>
>>> *1779 Government St.Baton Rouge, LA 70802*
>>> <https://www.google.com/maps/place/1779+Government+St.,+Baton+Rouge,+LA+70802>
>>> IT for the Gulf Coast
>>> Outsourced IT | Fully Managed IT | Professional Services | Office 365
>>> No more servers -- move to the Puryear Cloud
>>>
>>> 2016 Honoree of the LSU 100: Fastest Growing Tiger Businesses
>>> 2016 Honoree of the MSP 501: The Ultimate Guide to the World's Best MSPs
>>> 2014 Honoree of the LSU 100: Fastest Growing Tiger Businesses
>>> 2013 Honoree of the LSU 100: Fastest Growing Tiger Businesses