Pretty much what I ran into with one clarifiation:

As far as I know, there's nothing preventing you from installing the app on
multiple devices and entering the same code into both separately.  The
obvious drawback is you now have to maintain control of multiple device
constantly in order for the second factor to actually enhance security.

Thanks,