From: general-boun...@developer.marklogic.com
[mailto:general-boun...@developer.marklogic.com] On Behalf Of Michael
Blakeley
Sent: 09 February 2009 17:33
To: General Mark Logic Developer Discussion
Subject: Re: [MarkLogic Dev General] Cannot delete App Server!

Neil,

It sounds like you're using the admin API to do all of this? It's odd
that you were able to delete the database at all. When I try something
similar, I get an error: ADMIN-DATABASEINUSE.

import module namespace admin = "http://marklogic.com/xdmp/admin";
  at "/MarkLogic/admin.xqy";

let $config := admin:get-configuration()
let $config := admin:database-delete(
   $config, admin:database-get-id($config, 'test'))
return $config
=>
[0.9-ml] ADMIN-DATABASEINUSE: The following http-servers still refer to
this database: test.

Which server release and OS are you using? Can you show us the code
you're using to delete the database, and to delete the orphaned app server?

-- Mike