From: general-boun...@developer.marklogic.com
[mailto:general-boun...@developer.marklogic.com] On Behalf Of Michael
Sokolov
Sent: Friday, March 12, 2010 9:14 AM
To: 'General Mark Logic Developer Discussion'
Subject: [MarkLogic Dev General] RE:
[MarkLogicDevGeneral]ProbleminsertingdefaultnamespaceincreatedXMLdocumen
tfixed, but validation fails

Isn't it true that in other contexts one can also declare a namespace
prefix
in the processing environment that may not be available in the document
itself?  For example, in XSLT I think this is possible, as well as in a
Java
processor that implements XPath.  I don't think it's something unique to
XQuery, is it?

-Mike