Excellent. Thank you Mary.

/mario

--- On Thu, 8/26/10, Mary Holstege <mary.holst...@marklogic.com> wrote:

From: Mary Holstege <mary.holst...@marklogic.com>
Subject: Re: [MarkLogic Dev General] ID/IDREF support in MLS
To: "General Mark Logic Developer Discussion" <general@developer.marklogic.com>
Date: Thursday, August 26, 2010, 3:42 PM

On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 14:31:15 -0700, cOre dUmPeR <marv_l...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> How does MLS support xs:ID and xs:IDREF?
>
> For example, I work with a document type containing several elements
> that are defined in the schema to have attributes 'foo' and 'fooref'
> which are of type xs:ID and xs:IDREF, respectively.
>
> I want to do something like:
>
> let $element-id = $doc//some-element/@fooref
>
> let $element-of-interest := $doc/id($element-id)
>
> but MLS isn't finding my $element-of-interest.
>
> Do I have to validate the documents against the schema? Or is it maybe
> enough to just upload the schema to the schema database?
>
> The document schema is not currently in my schema database.
>
> thanks
> /mario

Uploading the schema ought to be sufficient, provided the
target namespace does not conflict with other schemas.
If it does, explicitly importing the schema at your chosen
location (in the schemas database) will resolve the ambiguity
to that the correct schema is applied.

//Mary

Mary Holstege
Principal Engineer