helen chen wrote:

  Hi,

> I missed the namespace definition in the original article node
> xmlns:m="http://www.w3.org/1998/Math/MathML"; in my new article
> node.  [...]  It looks like the $a/@* does not put the
> namespace attribute there.

  Yes, even though they are serialized in a similar way, XDM
defines attributes and namespaces as two very different beasts.

> How can I get all the attributes into my new node dynamically
> so I know I didn't miss anything?

  If you really want to copy the in-scope bindings at some point,
you should be able to define a function to do so, by using both
fn:namespace-uri-for-prefix() and fn:in-scope-prefixes(), and the
following trick:

http://fgeorges.blogspot.com/2006/08/add-namespace-node-to-element-in.html

  But maybe that's not what you really want to do.  Why would you
like to copy this namespace binding?

  Regard,

--
Florent Georges