Hi Alex,

That particular "function" in MarkLogic is not actually a function at
all, but a "functional form" - that is, an expression that looks like a
function. You're right that the third argument is evaluated, possibly
multiple times, under a different context than function arguments would
normally be executed under.

John

--
John Snelson, Senior Engineer                  http://twitter.com/jpcs