You should certainly look at Information Studio, but I'm unfamiliar with it
so I will ignore it for now.

   Assuming you're on 4.2 (and don't want to use IS) you wouldn't need
full-blown CPF.  You could do it with a simple trigger.

   When a document is inserted in the appropriate directory domain your trigger
module could apply the stylesheet to the document.

   Just make sure you only run the transform on create, because updating the
newly inserted document will re-fire the trigger for modification (in which
case you don't want to do anything).

   Triggers are a power tool, so be careful.  But CPF is driven from triggers,
so it's basically a more formalized way of doing the same thing.

   With a pre-commit trigger, your document will never be visible in it's
non-transformed state.  With post-commit, the transform is done asynchronously
after the initial document insert commits.  CPF is always post-commit.

--
Ron Hitchens, r...@ronsoft.com