Thanks Danny ! I got the positive answer to my query.

Abhishek Srivastav
Systems Engineer
Tata Consultancy Services
Cell:- +91-9883389968
Mailto: abhishek5...@tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com
Experience certainty.   IT Services
                        Business Solutions
                        Outsourcing

From:
Danny Sokolsky <danny.sokol...@marklogic.com>
To:
General MarkLogic Developer Discussion <general@developer.marklogic.com>
Date:
06/29/2011 09:22 PM
Re: [MarkLogic Dev General] xdmp:trace and xdmp:log
Sent by:
general-boun...@developer.marklogic.com

Hi Abhishek,

While the server does conceptually have to check the settings for the log
level and trace events, it is able to do this very efficiently, so I would
not worry about that from a performance standpoint; MarkLogic keeps a view
of the configuration in memory and can access that information very
quickly.

Now if you are logging millions of entries, that can take some resources,
as it does have to be written to the ErrorLog.txt file, but again, I think
you would have to be logging a lot of messages to make an appreciable
difference in a query.

As far as a performance comparison, as with all things, I?d recommend you
profile it.  I would expect them to be about the same, and for their cost
to be very small (again, unless you call them a lot of times).

-Danny