Van: general-boun...@developer.marklogic.com
[mailto:general-boun...@developer.marklogic.com] Namens Abhishek53 S
Verzonden: donderdag 14 juli 2011 9:45
Aan: General MarkLogic Developer Discussion
Onderwerp: Re: [MarkLogic Dev General] Async behavior of HTTP request

Danny

Thanks for reply . Referring the link
(http://www.marklogicevents.com/file/presentations/Effective_XQuery_in_MarkLogic_Heitkamp_Koul.pdf)
  where on slide 36 it is mentioned that HTTP interfaces executes
asynchronously. Let me know If  I misunderstood.

Can It be possible to run child some transaction asynchronously. I am thinking
of one way to achieve it where the child module is written into separate xqy
file and then use xdmp:spawn  to invoke the module. In this case the parent
transaction will not wait for the response from the spawned module. Let me know
If I am wrong here.

Any separate way to achieve the asynchronous child transaction?

Thanks
Abhishek Srivastav
Tata Consultancy Services
Cell:- +91-9883389968
Mailto: abhishek5...@tcs.com<mailto:abhishek5...@tcs.com>
Website: http://www.tcs.com<http://www.tcs.com/>
Experience certainty.        IT Services
                       Business Solutions
                       Outsourcing

Danny Sokolsky
<danny.sokol...@marklogic.com<mailto:danny.sokol...@marklogic.com>>

General MarkLogic Developer Discussion
<general@developer.marklogic.com<mailto:general@developer.marklogic.com>>

07/14/2011 06:27 AM

Re: [MarkLogic Dev General] Async behavior of HTTP request

Sent by:

general-boun...@developer.marklogic.com<mailto:general-boun...@developer.marklogic.com>

________________________________

Hi Abhishek,

I think the http-get requests are *synchronous*, not asynchronous; that is,
they will wait until they get the results to move on to the next thing in the
query.  So I am not sure I understand your question.  For example, if you run
the following:

let $x := (xdmp:http-get("http://marklogic.com<http://marklogic.com/>"),
xdmp:log("Req # 1"), xdmp:sleep(1000))
let $y := (xdmp:http-get("http://marklogic.com<http://marklogic.com/>"),
xdmp:log("Req # 1"), xdmp:sleep(1000))
return
xdmp:log("Process completed")

You will see 3 log messages in your log, and they will be about 1 second apart
from each other.

2011-07-13 17:53:48.395 Info: danny: Req # 1
2011-07-13 17:53:49.462 Info: danny: Req # 1
2011-07-13 17:53:50.462 Info: danny: Process completed

-Danny