Hi Keith

I guess the below givent query will help you .

xquery version "1.0-ml";
import module namespace search = "http://marklogic.com/appservices/search"
    at "/MarkLogic/appservices/search/search.xqy";

search:search("kolkata",
    <options xmlns="http://marklogic.com/appservices/search">
      <searchable-_expression_>/element()[@lang = "eng"]</searchable-_expression_>
    </options>)