I think FTP is the best choice for this.

In regard to monitoring a directory: is there an xdmp function for
getting a listing of files and directories from the file system? I
didn't see that in the API documents.

Thanks, Demian

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 2:04 PM, Geert Josten <geert.jos...@dayon.nl> wrote:
> Hi Demian,
>
> My guess at it is that MarkLogic would try to maintain the binary file as
> request param within memory, which is limited to some size for good
> reason. With 10+ concurrent requests, all uploading 2 Gb, memory would
> build up very rapidly. I'm guessing the limits are related to the limits
> within xdmp:document-get, which does not allow reading files larger than
> 16Mb or 64Mb (depending on 32/64-bit install).
>
>  I think I wouldn't advice to use form upload to send large files across.
> Other protocols like (S)FTP are better suited for that. You could allow
> such files to be uploaded to file locations through a separate (S)FTP
> server on the same host. You can let MarkLogic monitor that directory
> using a Scheduled Task, and perhaps leveraging Information Studio flows.
> In these processes you can use different function to load such large
> files, though I am not sure they are able to handle 2+Gb files..
>
> Kind regards,
> Geert

Demian Hess

Avalon Consulting, LLC
527 Maple Avenue East, Suite 200, Vienna, VA 22180

Mobile: 301-943-8307
Fax: 845-367-5496
he...@avalonconsult.com