Hi

I'm trying to convert a query to use cts for performance.  Is there a cts
constructor that I can use the check a variable?

Here's a portion of the query:

       xdmp:directory('/db/netvisn/audit_history/','infinity')
              /nv:auditHistory
                     [fn:not(fn:exists($oc)) or $oc =
nv:lookupInfo/nv:objectClass]
              /nv:audit
                     [$effect ne 'spec' or nv:sync/nv:archived]
                     [$effect ne 'security' or
nvdiff:diff/nv:content/nv:crnData8[nv:policies or nv:members]]

For example I would like to turn this portion into a cts:or-query

                $effect ne 'spec' or nv:sync/nv:archived

For second part I can use a cts:element-value-query().  I need something for
the first part.

Or maybe I'm looking at this all wrong.  Thanks for any suggestions.

Gary