From: Damon Feldman
<damon.feld...@marklogic.com<mailto:damon.feld...@marklogic.com>>
To: MarkLogic Developer Discussion
<general@developer.marklogic.com<mailto:general@developer.marklogic.com>>
Subject: Re: [MarkLogic Dev General] Marklogic applications slowness Issue

Kashif,

If RAM is the primary difference there’s a good chance your system is swapping.
Both Windows and Linux have tools to monitor swap activity. Within MarkLogic
(in Production, which you say is still responsive), look at the database status
page, click “show forests” and total up the “in memory size” column near the
bottom. If it is high relative to your machine’s RAM, and/or the OS and other
applications on the machine take up a lot of RAM, then you’ll drive the system
into swap.

Yours,
Damon