With XQYSP that's done by writing XQuery. The sample library
https://github.com/mblakele/xqysp/blob/master/src/query-eval.xqy is meant to be
a sample: copy it and extend it to produce the cts:query output you need.

The philosophy behind this choice is that term-specific options tend to be
fairly constant, and so don't need to be marshaled for every user query. If you
disagree with this, of course you could write a query-eval library that takes
an options node similar to the one used by search:parse(). I'm always open to
patches.

-- Mike