Hi,

I have some documents that have been managed by DLS (Document Library
Services) that I wish to transfer to another database. So far I have
used xqsync to dump the documents to zip files, since xqsync retains the
all important permissions and properties for you for every document.

However, I foresee a problem when using xqsync to ingest these documents
into a destination database on a separate MarkLogic instance.

DLS has embedded the IDs of roles and permissions into the properties of
each document. I believe this is so DLS can restrict access to the
documents to 'dls users' but can still check the actual permissions of
the user against these permissions stored in the properties. However
these embedded permissions are using IDs that are specific to the
Security database in effect for the content database.

If I were to ingest these documents elsewhere, the IDs will not exist in
the destination Security database. Therefore the DLS API will fail when
it checks permissions on access to these documents.

Has anybody come across this problem before and found a workable
solution? I can only think of 'fixing up' the documents during the
transfer to have the correct IDs for the destination, perhaps during
load time or by using corb afterwards. I really don’t want the documents
to go in with incorrect IDs.

Regards,
Gavin Haydon
Press Association Ltd