Thanks Geert ;-)

  Well, I didn't ask for the whole context, just how to set the context item.
The reason is because I have some queries (I cannot change) which expect a
document as their context item, set by the caller.  Let say they look like:

    xquery version "1.0";
    count(*)

  So the context item itself must be a specific document (or element), but not
the database.  Those queries have to be run by a piece of XQuery code in
MarkLogic, which is why I thought about xdmp:invoke().  Unfortunately, you guys
look like confirming what I was afraid of: this is not possible...

  Regards,

--
Florent Georges
http://fgeorges.org/