BTW, here is a link in the docs to some info on how you script this:

http://docs.marklogic.com/guide/admin-api/cpf

-Danny

-----Original Message-----
From: general-boun...@developer.marklogic.com
[mailto:general-boun...@developer.marklogic.com] On Behalf Of Mary Holstege
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2012 3:04 PM
To: General Mark Logic Developer Discussion; Jakob Fix
Subject: Re: [MarkLogic Dev General] cpf install not scriptable via admin api?

On Thu, 13 Dec 2012 13:30:59 -0800, Jakob Fix <jakob....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking to script the complete set up of an application of ours.
> One of the tasks that needs to be executed when configuring the
> application is the installation of the content processing framework.
>
> I can't find any functions in the admin api, and it seems that the
> user interface is not using an api either.
>
> I read here how to create and import pipelines, but is there a
> scriptable way to "install" the CPF?
> http://docs.marklogic.com/guide/admin-api/cpf#id_81216
>
> Do I need to "install" CPF, or can I just create my domains, load my
> pipelines and am good to go?

CPF installation is scriptable, but it is part of the CPF (domains) API, rather
than the admin API.

What the CPF "install" button does is:
(1) dom:configuration-create
     This needs to be done once for each triggers dataabase you
     are using. It sets up the context for the restart trigger
     so that CPF will properly pick up where it left off in
     event of a server restart.
(2) dom:create
     Create a domain. The "install" button creates a directory
     domain for "/", but you don't have to.
(3) Loads all the standard pipelines under the Installer
     directory and its subdirectories. You only need to
     load the ones you intend to use.
(4) Use dom:add-pipeline/dom:set-pipelines to attach the appropriate
     pipelines to the domain it created. The exact set depends on
     whether you selected to install the conversion pipelines or not.

You essentially need to follow these same steps in your script.

//Mary

Mary Holstege
Principal Engineer
MarkLogic Corporation