Shibu, I’d start with the Java API that comes as part of MarkLogic 6. Among
other things, it allows you to manage documents and perform searches. You can
find the “Java Developer’s Guide” at <http://docs.marklogic.com/guide/java>.
You can also download the JARs (or access the Maven repository) from
<http://developer.marklogic.com/products/java>. The download page has links to
other helpful getting started guides.
If the built-in Java or REST APIs don’t do what you need, you can also build
your own HTTP services, as it appears you’ve started below. However, for common
tasks, such as search, you’ll be duplicating the functionality of REST and Java
APIs that we’ve included in MarkLogic 6.

Justin

Justin Makeig
Director, Product Management
MarkLogic Corporation