Thanks a lot Damon

That's the best solution and I love this forum as we always get the best
solutions and clarifications.

Regards,
Gnana(GP)

Gnana,

The map is a hash map, so I assume the order of the elements is affected by how
they get allocated to hash buckets. You could try this instead:

  let $x := (1,2,3,4,5, 9) ! xs:string(.)
  let $y := (2,3,6,7,9, 10, 11, 22, 101) ! xs:string(.)

  let $mx := map:map()

  let $add-all := for $i in $x return map:put($mx, xs:string($i), true())

  return $y[map:get($mx, .)]

You'll need to work a little harder if you really have numeric values because
map keys have to be strings.

Geert is right that if you can have the database directly return lexicon
values, that can be easier. Most lexicon functions have an option now to return
data as a map.

Yours,
Damon

If you are not the intended recipient(s), please reply to the sender and
destroy all copies of the original message. Any unauthorized review, use,
disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email,
and/or any action taken in reliance on the contents of this e-mail is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.