Thanks Michael!!!

Which version of MarkLogic is this? - MarkLogic 6.0-3.2
How many CPU cores are on each host? ML1 to ML4 - 2CPUs & 16 cores  and ML5 - 2
CPUs & 32 cores

Local Disk failover enabled between ML1 to Ml3  and Ml4 to Ml5 (as ml4 & Ml5
have been added recently)
How much RAM is on each host? - 64GB
How are you measuring CPU utilization? - Linux commands once response time
increases and infra team tell us. it seems thye are using zenoss

My concern is why ML4 CPU is maxed out even it is not having much data nor
xQuery is being executed on this node.

Could it be the reason as Ml5 is highly configured than Ml4 and fail over is
enabled between both?

Offcourse xQuery execution can be one of the case, these will be taking time
however Heavy load & data is on Ml1 to Ml3 even their CPU usages is around 30%.

Thanks,

JJ