Hi David,

In my application, there are multiple modules like Rsuite, Marklogic which
are connected by REST end points. There is separate layer for
authentication so we donot require multiple users on Marklogic level. But
multiple users need to use multiple versions of same documents that are
stored in Marklogic.

On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 12:52 PM, David Ennis <david.en...@hinttech.com>
wrote:

> HI.
>
> The DLS library works on MarkLogic User IDs (in fact, the user id must
> match a user from the system (http://marklogic.com/xdmp/security
> namespace on the userid element is returned in all cases).
>
> If you are not using individual users and need to use DLS, then perhaps
> you need to re-think:
> 1)  Do I need DLS or can I accomplish my needs with business logic.
> 2) Can I use real MarkLogic users in my application?  (you can switch
> users by dynamically logging them in, for instance)
>
> Short of changing either of the above(which I suggest you opt for 2
> above), I see one possible ugly 'hack':  When checking out a document, you
> have the ability to log arbitrary data in the annotation field.  You could
> use this for further tracking.. Another hybrid approach could be using
> collections to assist in understanding which virtual user 'has the
> document' (is it checked out and part of MY collection). But then again, if
> you are adding such logic, you are likely getting away from the core use of
> DLS and I would still suggest 1 or 2 above.
>

> Kind Regards,
> David Ennis
>

> David Ennis
> *Content Engineer*
>
> [image: HintTech]  <http://www.hinttech.com/>
> Mastering the value of content
> creative | technology | content
>
> Delftechpark 37i
> 2628 XJ Delft
> The Netherlands
> T: +31 88 268 25 00
> M: +31 63 091 72 80
>
> [image: http://www.hinttech.com] <http://www.hinttech.com>
> <https://twitter.com/HintTech>  <http://www.facebook.com/HintTech>
> <http://www.linkedin.com/company/HintTech>
>
> On 6 October 2014 09:09, shruti kapoor <shrutikapoor....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> My application requires me to use a single admin account for multiple
>> users, but how could I allow multiple users to checkout the same document
>> using dls:document-checkout(). I do not need to create multiple users.
>>

>> --
>>
>> Regards,
>> *Shruti Kapoor*
>>
>> *Software Engineer*
>> *Innodata India Pvt. Ltd.*

Regards,
*Shruti Kapoor*

*Software Engineer*
*Innodata India Pvt. Ltd.*

7th floor, Stellar IT Park,

Sector 62, Noida, Uttar Pradesh 201309, India
Cell: (+91) 9990340628

Email: skapo...@innodata.com <http://www.anmsoft.com/>  | Web:
www.innodata.com <http://www.anmsoft.com/>