No, for better or worse, JSON doesn't have the concept of namespaces as part of
the data model like XML. You could capture the XML namespace as a property of
the JSON document during transformation or use a naming convention for property
names, e.g. "person$firstName". For namespaces that cover the entire document
you might also consider a MarkLogic collection, for example,

<person xmlns="http://example.org/ns/person
<http://example.org/ns/person>"><first-name>Gnanaprakash</first-name></person>

would map to

{ "firstName": "Gnanaprakash" } in the collection
http://example.com/ns/person#Person <http://example.com/ns/person#Person>,
capturing the fully namespaced root element.

Justin