Hi,

  Just to make it clear, there is nothing wrong with using several
namespaces in the same document.  Namespaces have been invented to
differentiate names (by creating uniquely identified "spaces" for
them).  So their unit of application is element and attribute names,
rather than documents.

  Think for instance about embedding SVG and MathML elements in a
XHTML or XSL-FO document.  The namespaces will ensure that elements
with the (local) name "title" can be differentiated, by looking at
within what namespace they have been defined.

  Regards,

--
Florent Georges
http://fgeorges.org/