This is a bit cumbersome and digs into the internals of queryConsole a bit,
but it is once workable solution (even if its a bit of a **sharp tool**).
***Not any production ready solution***, but I sometimes use it to view
documents in the database in my browser when troubleshooting.

*Query Console:*
Every request includes a request parameter sid
- this relates to the current tab in your query browser (and in that case,
the database selected as well).
Query console also has en endpoint: /qconsole/endpoints/view.xqy (used
mostly for viewing binary content when you click on the URI)

*Process:*
So, if you were to:
1) save the results into an XML node in the same database via xquery
example: xdmp:document-insert("/temp/results.xml", cts:search('foo'))

​2) Understand what your sid is for the current query console (​it is
passed with the requests)
Lets pretend mine is 12345

Then(based on sample parameters above) you could hit the endpoint:
/qconsole/endpoints/view.xqy?sid=12345&uri=/tmp/results.xml

Kind Regards,
David Ennis

David Ennis
*Content Engineer*