Hi Devesh,

I believe the reason for this is explained in the API documentation.

sem:sparql-values : Performs a join (SPARQL style, natural join) between
the bindings returned from the SELECT expression and the bindings passed in
as an argument, therefore the results reflect this join.

sem:sparql : Return a solution as a sequence of map objects in the form of
a table, where each map represents a set of bindings that satisfies the
query.

Hope this helps!

Thanks
Shruti

On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 9:59 PM, Tyagi, Devesh <dty...@innodata.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>

>  let $params := map:new(map:entry("predicate",sem:iri("
> http://www.bsi.org/predicates/hasTaxonomyName";)))
>
> sem:sparql-values("select ?subject ?predicate ?object where {?subject
> ?predicate ?object}", $params)
>

>  returns 3 columns namely (subject, predicate, object)
>

>  where as
>
> sem:sparql-values("select ?subject ?predicate ?object where {?subject
> ?predicate ?object}", $params)
>

>  returns only two columns namely (subject, object)
>

>  I would like to know why is the change in the behavior, since I am
> mentioning 3 columns in the select query.
>

>  Regards,
>
> Devesh
>  "This e-mail and any attachments transmitted with it are for the sole use
> of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential , proprietary or
> privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please
> message. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination,
> forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail or any action taken in
> reliance on this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful."

Regards,
*Shruti Kapoor*