I think there is a bug in xdmp:get-request-field() when the parameter
contains a # character, even when it is URL-encoded. It seems that the
code that returns the parameter value assumes that # terminates the
value. And it still happens even if I add another # at the end of the
URL.

Here is some code that illustrates the issue:

  xdmp:set-response-content-type("text/html")
  ,
href="TestHash.xqy?Param={xdmp:url-encode('abc#def')}#x">abc#def</a></
p>
{xdmp:url-decode(xdmp:get-request-field("Param"))}</p>

When I click on the link, I see the expected URL in the browser:

  http://localhost:8040/TestHash.xqy?Param=abc%23def#x

Yes the displayed shows that the "#def" part of the value is missing::

    Param = abc

Any ideas? Is this a bug or am I missing something?