Hi,

I'm configuring a scheduled backup. While doing that some questions came up.

Backup goal: Have a daily backup and reduce the backup time by using
incremental backups.
My configuration is as follows
* A weekly backup (Sunday 4am, incremental=false, max-backups=1)
* A daily backup (2am, incremental=true)
(journal-archiving=false for both, both have the same backup directory)

- Is it true for the weekly (non-incremental) backup that first the next
backup is created, before the old backup is deleted?
- Does it somehow make sense to set max-backups for the incremental backup?
I guess not but please confirm.
- I've done a test restore (no value for the Restore-to-time option) and
was irritated by the confirmation screen (see
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ub6pm53870qq7dk/restore-confirmation.png?dl=0).
In that screen there is a time field "Backup was completed" (highlighted in
the screenshot). It shows the time the full backup was created but I would
expect the time of the last incremental backup. After confirming the
restore operation I found out that actually the last incremental backup was
restored. So it seems to be "just" a display problem. Am I right, or do I
miss something?

Thanks,
Andreas

--