Hi Siva,

With regards to Eclipse integration...

There is an Eclipse plugin named XQuery Development Tools (XQDT)
<https://wiki.eclipse.org/XQuery_Development_Tools> that provides syntax
highlighting, content assist, etc. I believe the plugin is a bit
out-of-date, but there was a MarkLogic effort
<http://developer.marklogic.com/code/xqdt> to create an updated fork (not
sure of the current status). MarkLogic also has some documentation
<https://developer.marklogic.com/learn/xqdt-setup> on setting up XQDT.

I typically use a combination of Eclipse/XQDT, MarkLogic's QConsole
<https://docs.marklogic.com/guide/qconsole/walkthru>, and log messages
<https://docs.marklogic.com/xdmp:log> for development.

-David