Yeah, and that list can be broken down almost infinitely. For example:

  *   faster to query data using exact match on multiple fields
  *   faster to query data using fuzzy match, wildcard match, date range match,
etc.
  *   faster to query data joining five tables
  *   faster to query data with very large (or wide) records
  *   faster to query data with very large result set
  *   faster to query data using full-text search with phrase matching
  *   faster with all of the above in a single query

As I'm sure you know, there are may other ways to compare databases that might
align better with tangible value:

  *   are there core features that would benefit the application and clearly
differentiate the databases?
     *   search
        *   faceted search
        *   tunable relevance ranking
        *   fuzzy matching to de-duplicate customers across systems despite
name misspellings
     *   schema flexibility
        *   since CRM benefits from integrating data from many sources
        *   since tradestore data formats change
frequently<http://www.marklogic.com/blog/nosql-operational-trade-store/>
  *   is there any impedance mismatch between persistence data model and
application data model?
  *   does the trade-store require any advanced server-side rules at index time
/ query time?
     *   if so, are there features that will help implement those rules
  *   etc., etc.

Sam Mefford
Senior Engineer
MarkLogic Corporation
sam.meff...@marklogic.com<mailto:sam.meff...@marklogic.com>
Cell: +1 801 706 9731
www.marklogic.com<http://www.marklogic.com>

This e-mail and any accompanying attachments are confidential. The information
is intended
solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any review,
disclosure, copying,
distribution, or use of this e-mail communication by others is strictly
prohibited. If you
are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by returning this
message to
the sender and delete all copies. Thank you for your cooperation.