Hi,

we're planning to use MarkLogic to do regular bulk updates on a larger set
of documents (~1 million).  Many of the documents will be unchanged from
their previous version, and we'd like to avoid reinserting them as we want
to be able to use the point-in-time query feature to track document changes
over time.  I've read an old thread in this forum that suggested
calculating a checksum over each input document and then only writing it to
the database if the previous version's checksum differs.  In that same
thread, it was also suggested that xqsync could be used.

Now xqsync apparently was replaced by mlcp, and I can find an indication in
the mlcp documentation that it avoids writing unchanged documents.

Can anyone suggest the best way to approach this?

Thanks!
Hans