Hi Folk,

Being a newbie in MarkLogic, I need your serious response to come out of faced
challenges.
The moment when I was ingesting CSV Structured data into MarkLogic as-is to get
XML output data in our database using MLCP, I am ok with normal ingestion using
MLCP in any file format but I got stuck in finding the solution of below
mentioned problem

1.      How to ingest data corresponding to selected columns only in MarkLogic
using MLCP or by any means.

2.      How to define and use Primary key to check the logs ( say failed data ).

For the ease of understanding I am exploring my doubts with below example.

Input :

id            emp_name          salary    designation         mobile_no
  dependent

1             ABC                       3000      X
4444444444        2
2             DEF                       4000      Y
2222222222        1                          (input is in CSV format)
3             GHI                       3000      X
3333333333        0
4             ABC                       8000      Z
9999999999        2

Q.1)

Output :

id            emp_name          designation         dependent

1             ABC                       X                            2
2             DEF                       Y                            1
                                                (output is in default XML
format, here this is just to understand)
3             GHI                       X                            0
4             ABC                       Z                            2

Q.2)

Suppose input data corresponding to id = 4 is failed.

Failed data :

4             ABC                       Z                            2
   (say)

How to see this data using id as primary key (Even I don't know how to mention
primary key in MarkLogic) using MLCP or any other means.

Your lead would be much more appreciated if I will get the solution of
respected solution with required supporting stuffs.

Thanks & Regards,
Zishan Khan / Capgemini
Associate Consultant | FSGBU | Insight and Data
the property of the Capgemini Group. It is intended only for the person to whom
it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized
to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or
any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.