All,

I have a reader.xqy, which does only read operation and does not write to
the forest, except for one doc insert. I don't want that reader query to
obtain lock on all referenced documents, so I move that document insert
logic to a seperate writer.xqy and invoke it from reader.xqy.

My current logic is

if random-xml already exists

DO NOTHING

else INSERT RANDOM-XML

The problem I am facing is,

when I invoke the reader xqy using multiple threads concurrently, I am
ending up with duplicate writer xmls even though I have validations in
place. How do I make sure that even if the reader xml is invoked
concurrently by several threads, only one of the invocation has to insert
an xml?

Note: I need that random-xml inserted, before the reader.xqy completes
execution and the URI of the random-xml involves dynamically generated ID
and NOT a constant URI.

Thanks in advance
Raghu