From:
<general-boun...@developer.marklogic.com<mailto:general-boun...@developer.marklogic.com>>
 on behalf of Pinku Surana
<pinku.sur...@symbiont.io<mailto:pinku.sur...@symbiont.io>>
Date: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 at 4:53 PM
To: "general@developer.marklogic.com<mailto:general@developer.marklogic.com>"
<general@developer.marklogic.com<mailto:general@developer.marklogic.com>>
Subject: [MarkLogic Dev General] Question about bitemporal DB features

I'm considering MarkLogic and have a question about the implementation of the
bitemporal DB feature.

Say I have a 500KB JSON document stored in the DB. I want to update a single
field in the document 2000 times. Will MarkLogic store a duplicate of the
entire object (resulting in 1GB of total storage for that object)? Or will it
only store the difference between the object, hopefully resulting in
significantly less space consumption?

I want to use this feature to look at the object in the past. I'm hoping
MarkLogic can store changes efficiently while also reconstructing old versions
of the object quickly.

Thanks.