From: general-boun...@developer.marklogic.com
<general-boun...@developer.marklogic.com> On Behalf Of Simón Carbajal
Sent: Saturday, April 28, 2018 6:29 PM
To: MarkLogic Developer Discussion <general@developer.marklogic.com>
Subject: Re: [MarkLogic Dev General] Loading a text doc into the database

Thank you very much Erik!! This worked!

On 27 April 2018 at 17:25, Erik Hennum
<erik.hen...@marklogic.com<mailto:erik.hen...@marklogic.com>> wrote:
Hi, Simón:

Does it help if you specify a contentType property of "text/html;
charset=windows-1252"
on the document descriptor when passing in the document?

Hoping that's useful,

Erik Hennum

From:
general-boun...@developer.marklogic.com<mailto:general-boun...@developer.marklogic.com>

<general-boun...@developer.marklogic.com<mailto:general-boun...@developer.marklogic.com>>
 on behalf of Simón Carbajal
<simoncarba...@gmail.com<mailto:simoncarba...@gmail.com>>
Sent: Friday, April 27, 2018 9:58:10 AM
To: general@developer.marklogic.com<mailto:general@developer.marklogic.com>

Hi,

I'm trying to upload a "text/html" document with the Node.js client API but the
document is encoded as "windows 1252" and not utf-8 as required, this is
causing the following error:

"XDMP-DOCUTF8SEQ: Invalid UTF-8 escape sequence at  line 39 -- document is not
UTF-8 encoded"

Is there a way to solve this with Marklogic? or I need to do the conversion
myself in Nodejs?

Thanks in advance!
Simon