Hmmm... I don't see why not. However, as Maven uses forehead to start,
you'll still need to have all maven jars available to maven when it
starts. However once Maven is started I guess the Maven "java" plugin
(which uses the Ant <javac> task should work in the same way as in a
pure Ant project).

> For the most important part (compiling), Gump would be independent of
> Maven's jar override feature that way.

Yeah but I'm not sure this is the right way with Maven. It looks like
tweaking a bit too much the product which is not built for that. Maven
as it is now is unfortunately not embeddable (as Ant is). I'd love it to
become this way in the future though.

Note that I am not an expert in the Ant-Maven bridge part in which I was
not involved...

Thanks
-Vincent