On Tue, 30 Mar 2004, Martin Cooper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Mar 2004, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>> I'll ping the Struts folks as soon as we have a a first Gump build
>> to point them to.
>
> No need. The 'type' attribute was deprecated in August 2002, long
> before Struts 1.1 was released, and then removed in August 2003.

I've seen that the commit message says just that, but there is no
single @deprecated tag in the source before the type attribute has
been removed.  Given that sslext uses Java and not tags to access the
attribute one could argue the value of a deprecation notice in the
User-Guide.

Anyway, as things are, sslext hasn't tried to build a release for
Struts 1.2.0 yet and the 1.1.0 version will not compile against Struts
1.2.x.

I've seen that Marinó has raised this issue at the sslext forum[1], let's
see.

Thanks

        Stefan

Footnotes: